From centuries-old missions to picturesque parks, experience all there is to see and do in Goliad!
Welcome to beautifully historic Goliad...
With a variety of lodging options-including some pretty unique historic ones-Goliad has the perfect space to lay your head down at night.
Dining & Shopping
Our shops are full of wonderful fashion and artisan treasures! Spend a perfect day shopping, dining and enjoying our small town charm.
Christmas in Goliad is Coming!
The Christmas in Goliad event was created as a fundraiser for the Goliad County Historical Commission in 1983. The two day celebration occurs every year on the first Friday and Saturday of December. Attractions include arts and craft booths, food vendors, music and a lighted parade on Friday evening. Saturday’s events include vendor booths, food and entertainment. Highlights include Miss Ruby’s Corral, where authors sign and sell their books and Santa’s arrival on a longhorn steer.
Schedule of Events:
- Friday Dec. 4
- 5 pm Vendors Open Downtown Square 127 N Courthouse Sq.
- 7 pm lighted parade starts
- Saturday Dec. 5
- 9 am Vendors Open Downtown Square
- 4th Annual Christmas Tree Project presented by Main Street Goliad 136 N Courthouse Sq.
- 10 am - 4 pm Miss Ruby's Corral with authors selling/signing books 144 N Courthouse Sq.
- 10 am - 4 pm Market House Museum Open 205 S Market St.
- 11 am Hermann Sons School of Dance S Market St.
- SANTA! Arrives on the traditional Longhorn Steer followed by photos on vacant lot next to 317 S Market St.
- 1 pm Best Dressed Dog Contest hosted by Goliad Pet Adoption S. Market St. - registration on site no entry fee